12 June 2009

Knee Update: Into The 9th Week

Had a visit with the Orthopedic Surgeon today, another follow-up for the knee. He's pleased with my progress, which is really no surprise given how PT has been going. He did a couple laxity tests and some other mild poking and prodding, and said it felt great. We talked some about what's next, and what I can and can't do at this point.


Golf is something I can do as tolerated, just swing easy. No running just yet, but the elliptical should be fine as long as I'm careful. Should be able to start straight-line jogging in about another month.

In October or so, I'll have to visit with him again about getting a brace for skiing this season.

Now, for the stuff everyone's been either waiting for or dreading: the 'scope pics. Apologies for the poor quality, I had to take pictures of the pictures, and they were poor quality printouts anyway. I'm going to see about getting digital copies.


Clockwise, from upper left: ACL, ruptured; Hole for pin; New ACL; Pin

0 comments: