21 February 2009

Well, It Kinda Couldn't Be Helped

After resisting it for as long as I could, I decided to join Facebook. I always felt like MySpace, Facebook, and similar kinds of sites were for people much younger than I am, and it just seemed trendy and lame. I have a blog, what do I need other crap for? I barely post weekly as it is.

But...my folks are on it, my brother is on it, and a crapload of my high school classmates are on it as well. The novelty of it might wear off after my 20th reunion this summer, but so far it's actually pretty neat, and I'm catching up with all kinds of people I've lost touch with.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Yeah, it's a virus that you can't escape. I continually struggle with a desire to close my account, or leave it open because just as I think about closing it, I get friended by someone I haven't talked to (and lost contact with) in years. Hrmph!

Ghost Dog said...

*adds*

One of my HS classmates referred to it as 'facecrack'. I suppose it is a tad addictive.

Dorr said...

It is addictive. It's also like a big online surprise party. Nobody you have seen or heard of in a while then "bam!" there they are.

I was hesitant about signing up too, but then...