23 June 2008

Shoulder Saga Continues

So with the re-re-reinjury to my once-repaired right shoulder last weekend, I knew it was only a matter of time before I'd have to do something more about it than just take things a little easy and do some range-of-motion and strengthening exercises. I've been down this road before.

Today, I got up in excruciating pain, presumably from having slept on my shoulder just wrong. After taking some good pain meds, icing it, and a brief nap, I called my doctor's office to see if I could get in sometime this week.

They were able to see me today. Which basically rocks.

So, as an early birthday present to myself, I have some different pain meds, and an MRI Arthrogram scheduled for Friday morning. Hooray. Hopefully whatever is messed up in there will be something they can fix with a 'scope job and not another open Bankart reconstruction.

'Cause one of those was plenty.

UPDATE: Holy crap, Salsalate is the bomb. I had just taken a 750mg tablet prior to posting this originally at 4:26pm (and in a good deal of pain) and as of 5:14, I feel almost no pain at all in the shoulder.

1 comments:

Larry said...

Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Hope it is just a minor repair.

Better living through chemistry, eh?