03 December 2007

Shoulder Saga II

Hopefully this shoulder story is brief. Not like the 6-year-plus odyssey the last one was.

Visited the doc today, and got some X-rays and a sling for the re-injured right shoulder. I started running all kinds of scenarios through my mind - would I need surgery, when would I want to do that, is my ski season hosed, would I even try to get on the hill this weekend, etc.

Now I impatiently await the doc's assessment, so I guess we'll just see where this goes. I'm thinking I'll just take it easy, work on range-of-motion this week and see where I'm at.

Pretty sure I'll stay off the hill this weekend, unless things feel a hell of a lot better by Friday.

8 comments:

Broken Camera Guy said...

Maybe its a good thing you did stay off the hill this weekend. I looked at Tripcheck's Govy Camp cam, bare, wet pavement and temp at 42. Kinda ugly up there right now.

Ghost Dog said...

I think I was going to be up at T-line. 37 and raining there, though, so maybe it's dropping below freezing at night...

Broken Camera Guy said...

KATU's weather guesser guy said Ski Bowl got 90 MPH winds! And 99 MPH at T-Line.

LandS said...

Hope the shoulder comes along fine.

Are you folks affected, directly, by the bad weather that in shown in the national news?

Here in VA we are preparing for a dusting to 1". Oh my what a scare. Some areas might get 2-4", that oughta close the schools.

Major Clanger said...

Bummer! I guess you are not working out either?

It is time to become a cyborg. Can you get that on your health insurance?

Ghost Dog said...

I am working out, just no upper body stuff. Nothing stopping me from sitting on a bike for 45 minutes.

rider said...

"Nothing stopping me from sitting on a bike for 45 minutes."

Blech. Get your ass off the bike and get a workout. Stair machine!

Ghost Dog said...

Funny you should mention that - Thursday's workout was on the stair machine. 45 minutes, 200+ floors, 600+ calories.