07 August 2007

That's More Like It

Much better workout today. Today was a leg day, so after a brief warmup on the stationary bike, it was all leg machines all the time. Started with 4 sets of 15 at 240lbs on the leg press and ended with 4 sets of 10 at 107.5lbs on the leg extension, with some hammy curls and a little abduction thrown in. A little more time on the bike to round it out, and hit the showers.

As I type this, I'm sitting outside of the CompuHyperGlobalMegaNet building waiting for the next shuttle to MAX so I can go home and have some of B's kickass meatloaf with some green beans. I'm still here because the effin' shuttle van was full. Dunno why it was still sitting there with the doors open. Maybe just because the driver wanted to keep to the schedule?

Science bless WiFi and the Interweb, by the way. Not that the weather is so fabulous that it's ideal to be sitting outside, but I can, so I am. Overcast and comfortably seventy-ish.

While today's workout was not a leg-thrashing on the scale of some folks, I have to say I was feeling it pretty good on the way down the stairs from the 4th floor.

5 comments:

BJDorr said...

Somewhat feels like when I hike 14 miles, round trip from Multnomah Falls to Larch Mountain. The last mile, a semi-steep paved trail is a bloody killer. Especially with the pack and camera gear.

BJDorr said...

Hey, this almost sounds more like another knee-jerk reaction from the neighbors assuming or speculating.

KATU: "Is a local man training his Pit Bulls to fight? KATU News investigates"

Maybe the two women need to spend nine weeks in EIT with a few Army drill sergeants, where they shout at you and make you run.

Ghost Dog said...

Oh for crap's sake. WTF is wrong with people?? Assume the worst, and go tell the news and/or the cops. Can't be bothered to go talk to the dude themselves?

Also, one key element that's apparently lost on the uneducated women - a tired pit bull is a happy pit bull. They LOVE running their asses off.

Guess those two never saw "The Dog Whisperer". Cesar Millan has put countless dogs on treadmills to help get them to expend energy that would otherwise be potentially destructive.

LOL @ sending the women to some Army training. They'd probably complain to KATU about it being cruel.

I love how the guy's been cooperating with Animal Control and that they basically said there's nothing wrong. If I'm the Animal Control guy, I go slap that Laura LaRosa chick for wasting my time.

BJDorr said...

Laura LaRosa calls it "animal cruelty" if your dog is passed out on the lawn, exhausted.

We call it a workout. That's not cruel. That's called staying healthy and happy.

Ben, aka BadBen said...

I love wifi, sitting outside with nice weather.