23 August 2007

On Vick And Dogfighting

I've kept quiet on the whole Mike Vick pit bull fighting business, mostly because I don't like to get too riled up on the blog here. Fact is, I don't like to get too riled up, period, so I haven't talked much about it with anyone.

Shouldn't bottle things up, though.

'Cause I'll say stuff like this.

Go die in a fire, Mike Vick. Anyone associated with dogfighting is a scumbag, "and scumbags see the judge on Monday."

And by "judge", I mean "your maker". Whatever. I just liked the Robocop quote.

And yes, I would be this pissed if it were Rottweilers or Dobermans or Chihuahuas or Poodles.

Well, maybe not Poodles.

Okay, poodles. I don't like poodles, but they don't deserve bad things to happen to them at the hands of scumbags. No dog does.

Where was I again? Oh yeah. Mike Vick can go die in a fire. Take a swim in an active volcano. Get sucked into a jet engine. Die a death of a thousand paper cuts. You get the idea. Federal-Pound-Me-In-The-Ass-Prison and no football for life sounds about right, though, since the death penalty scares people so much.

You're not a bad-ass if you're into dog fights, or even if you train your dog to be mean. You're a dumbass.

8 comments:

BJDorr said...

Just give Michael Vick the same treatment that he gave to those dogs. Vick's football days are over.

I haven't been this pissed since the two Atlanta teenagers hog-tied, painted and baked a puppy to death in an oven last year.

Jeff Alworth said...

I think there's something wrong in the Vick family.

Silver lining: now Joey Harrington has the low-pressure, fairly-good-team situation he has never had in his career. Sink or swim time, Joe!

Ghost Dog said...

Aw man, I forgot about that Atlanta baking business. Rrrr..

Jeff - Agree on the silver lining there. Hope he can make the most of it.

Jeff Alworth said...

And SI writes the Joey column. He says he's ready (we'll see):

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/08/22/harrington/index.html

brando said...

Ghost Dog, I was wondering when you were going to get to this topic. You're sort of the dog guy, (or rather the dog/skiing/beer guy)

You have every right to tell it straight. Fools gotta know. It's good and right for you to bring the hammer down on Vick.

BJDorr said...

I'm going for the lighter dog stories.

Two dogs splashing in the river.

Major Clanger said...

I still don't really get it. He had fame and money. Why would he choose to get mixed up in something so heinous? A nasty piece of work, it would seem.

BJDorr said...

Now Vick is seeking redemption. But there is a difference between a screw-up that cost a few dollars or a "slip of the tongue" and that where dogs were inhumanely tortured and executed.

Michael Vick's life is very much well screwed and recovery will be a long, painful process for Vick.