21 August 2007

Blogslackery - Weekend Camping, Etc.

This past weekend, we spent camping at Indian Henry campground, with pals Rick & Brandi and sis-in-law Jenn and her husband Troy. Jenn & Troy had their boxer Cassie with them, and of course we brought Pheebs with us. It was a nice relaxing weekend of sitting around, drinking, playing games, throwing the football around, and walking with the pooches. I snapped a few photos, mostly of Phoebe. The fun kind of ran out when it started raining Saturday night, and we bugged out early Sunday morning, breaking camp in the rain. If we'd waited 3 hours, we might have been able to pack up without getting rained on in the process. Oh well. The other bummer was that it wasn't really warm enough to bother with going for a dip in the river.

Our mondo tent. It may be roomier than Barkernews' trailer...

Phoebe chills on her little bed. She really enjoyed herself - all the attention, walks, sights, smells. We gotta do more of that for her.

Hadn't done a pano in a while, figured this odd amphitheater was as good a place as any.

Moments after we'd packed the Palace away. The tent works. It's plenty dry underneath (and of course, inside).


Yesterday, it was back to work, and back to working out, since I'd slacked off on being healthy over the weekend. I'm doing all cardio this week, and Monday was a good one, statistically. 7900+ strides and about 795 calories burned in the 40 minutes (plus the 5 minute cool-down) I put in. Sprinted at the end, peaking at 290 strides/min and heart rate of 177. Felt great afterward. Today, I skipped it because I got up too late and my department was taking the afternoon off to go bowling together. I'll get back after it tomorrow. I think the focus for the next couple weeks will be cardio, maybe just a little bit of weights thrown in, then figure out a new plan. I'd love to get my body fat % down to 17 or maybe 15. Might decide to make September a beer-less month, kinda like I did last fall, to see how that works for me. I've been holding steady around 171-172 for the last several months, having slacked off on eating healthy plenty of times. It'd be nice to drop below 170, maybe as far as 165, before I really focus on packing on more muscle.

6 comments:

BJDorr said...

Pheebes looks like she's about to plop her head right onto the dirt. She tired. Or she thinking about that evil sprinkler back at home.

Did you see NoPoGirl's new blog title header? Der Kaiserhutte looks like a giant mogul in the parking lot!

Ghost Dog said...

Phoebe was pooped. We walked her a lot, and let her splash around a little in the river.

Yeah, saw NoPoGirl's new header. Was thinking she should switch to white text. Too bad we don't have text shadow effects supported in CSS yet.

BJDorr said...

Yep, her black text over the black background gives the title that stealthy appeal.

White shadowing would be great. Your title "hides" too when it strays on over into the trees when viewed on a widescreen monitor.

Ghost Dog said...

Yeah, I noticed that. Thinking I might have to learn which part of the CSS code to tweak to freeze the width at 1024 but still have it scale at lower resolutions.

Ghost Dog said...

Yeah, I noticed that. Thinking I might have to learn which part of the CSS code to tweak to freeze the width at 1024 but still have it scale at lower resolutions.

BJDorr said...

As I said, "Der Kaiserhutte looks like a giant mogul in the parking lot!"

Now Barkernews and NoPoGirl decide to paint Der Kaiserhutte. Red and white. Ski patrol colors.