26 June 2007

What A Week...

...but it's only Tuesday evening. Yeah, I know. Whatever. So I'm right back into my workout routine, but not really. This week (so far anyway - it's only Tuesday), I decided to focus more on cardio. Yesterday was 40 minutes on the elliptical, which put me at over 8000 strides and over 810 calories, according to the machine. Today, I figured I'd push myself with a nice long stint on the bike - 45 minutes. I forget what the distance readout said (15 miles?), but I was somewhere near 600 calories. Seemed low, for all the effort and sweat.

Whatever, It felt good afterward, and I was pleased that I managed to sit on that thing and grind out an average of around 90 RPM for over 2x longer than I 'rode' last time. I did a little arm work on Monday, but nothing more than the bike today.

Got another softball game tomorrow, and yet one more Friday night. Sandwiched between that, I'm going to spend the evening of my birthday helping out the current crop of Ski Patrol apprentices by playing patient/evaluator at their finals night for OEC. As it happens, one of the other patrollers who will be helping out has his birthday the same night as well. Sounds like I'll be getting 'bloody' for my 'acting gig' that night. Cool...usually all I get is the dislocated shoulder, or a torn up knee, or a femur fracture.

Huh? Oh, right. Yeah, I said birthday. JB, tell everybody how old I'm gonna be...



1 comments:

Broken Camera Guy said...

Have a happy birthday!