02 April 2007

Big Gimpin', Spendin' G's


Ol' Pheebs has been limping around the house for about a week, and I finally got around to taking her to the vet. I thought maybe we could just keep her from running around too much and things would improve. We failed miserably at that, and I certainly didn't help things by kicking a ball out into the yard from the patio while she was outside with me the other night. She loves to chase stuff.

Turns out the pooch has a torn "cranial cruciate ligament" (I know - "cranial"? How's that her knee?), or so says the doc where I took her. We've got her on pain meds and some joint medication, as well as 'cage rest' for a while. In the meantime, we need to decide if we're going to spend the 3 grand it will likely cost for the ligament repair, or if we're going to see if the rest and meds will help. So far, I'm leaning towards the surgery, but the price...yikes...

5 comments:

Barkernews said...

Ouch.
That's why we have doggie insurance!

Ryan said...

Damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear your pooch isn't doing well, and here's to hoping the meds and rest help.

barker: I didn't realize they even HAD insurance for pets! :)

Ghost Dog said...

B-news: You guys take Noah all over creation with your adventures, so I'm not surprised. :)

Similar thing happened to our Dane and he was all better after some rest. 'Course, he was all mellow and it wasn't hard to keep him from running around. And I don't think his knee trouble was as severe.

R: thanks.

brando said...

She looks like a happy dog. Maybe she's just limpin for fun.

Ghost Dog said...

She is a happy dog. Everyone at the vet kept saying she looked all smiley.