25 March 2007

Wedding Weekend

Had a great time at my sis-in-law's wedding, catching up with some folks I hadn't seen in a while, drinking, dancing, taking tons of photos and video.

Mostly, I was cursing the lousy lighting and my own ineptitude at indoor flash photography with my new camera. I got a few good shots, and some good video, so it wasn't a complete waste. Here are just a couple.

First is the wedding cake topper. I thought it was absolutely brilliant! Note the detail - right down to the drag marks...



And here's the full wedding party, outside for pre-ceremony pictures before the rain started. They were having fun, showing a little leg. One of the bridesmaids was in sneakers. Awesome.


The reception was awesome, and I stayed almost to the end, which left me with very little sleep before my patrol day on Sunday. I was so tired at the end that I took the wife's offer to head to the hotel early myself and crash. Turns out she'd had more to drink than I thought, and rather quickly forgot that she told me to go get the room keys from the truck, give her one so she could get in the room later, drive myself over to the hotel and hit the hay. She was very not thrilled with me, and I can only say in my defense that she didn't seem so wasted that I should worry about her getting over to the hotel on her own.

But it's really all my fault for insisting I patrol this weekend. The dispatch sheet looked awful thin...

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Look at those gorgeous people! I love the bridesmaid's dresses. I Becky looked fabulous! I can't wait to hear all about it. I hope we can see you guys soon. I know Ryan wanted to try McMenamins stouts, but we've already got like 3 plans going on that day.

HOpefully the next weekend. :) Take care and be safe in all that snow.

-Kelly