12 March 2007

Voilé? Voilà!

You may recall that in my Avy Training post, I mentioned my busted probe pole. Well, I e-mailed Voilé customer service about it last evening, sending the same photo from my post.

Early this afternoon, I received an e-mail back from them stating they'd be happy to replace my probe pole, but suggested they do so with their slightly beefier model, since I mentioned I snapped it doing probe practice for the ski patrol:

I would be happy to replace that probe for you. However, if you are using it often and need it for patrol type work I would suggest the standard Tourlight probe. It is a little bit heavier, but much stronger. It is more of the workhorse type probe we make.
Big ups to Voilé customer service. Not just replacing a broken part, but recognizing that my usage model required a little tougher piece of equipment. The only bummer is that it won't fit into my shovel's tube, but that's not really a big deal, since I have a place to stow the probe in my pack anyway.

0 comments: