15 March 2007

Beware The Ides Of March

Famous (infamous?) phrase, of course. Thanks to Shakespeare and Caesar.

But has anyone else really had a bad day on March 15th? I don't remember any, myself. A quick glance at Wikipedia revealed a few, though. I'm just ashamed to admit I didn't know Tsar Nicholas II abdicated the throne that day. Terrible. Must have dozed off in History class the day we went over that. Or it's just because nobody wrote a play about it.

But it's not all bad. The Godfather was released in theaters on March 15th, 1972.

Think I'll have a caesar salad at lunch today. It's an offer I can't refuse.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I always forget about the Ides of March. Thanks for the reminder. While I would have to say in rating days so far this week...this day had to rank as one of the worst. I mean it could be far worse but I'll welcome the closing of this week to celebrate one of our favorite St's. Yes that would be Saint Patty! :)

Ghost Dog said...

You've had a tough week, K. No doubt about it. DLTBGYD.

Hard to top Pi Day, really. But tomorrow should do the trick!