16 January 2007

Snow Day Afternoon

Drove to the Safeway at 182nd & Powell and back this afternoon (needed some kitty litter and other stuff), which I think is maybe 4 miles round-trip. The roads are all white, packed down pretty hard now, making it a little slick. I didn't chain up, and made it fine with only a little slide coming out of the Safeway parking lot. I was trying to gauge how slick it really was, so I hit the brakes a little harder than I had been and slid about a foot or so. No big deal.

Saw several cars banged up on the side of the road, but no major accidents. The missus just got home and said 181st from I-84 to here was a mess. Said there was a semi jack-knifed and blocking things up.

2 comments:

brando said...

Nice and snowy. What's with the pic change? This new look seems more reasonable and adult.

Ghost Dog said...

Thanks for not saying "old".

Once I become a full-fledged ski patroller, it'll probably be me in a Steelers cap and my patrol jacket. Or in my patrol jacket holding up a Terrible Towel. Or in my patrol jacket, with an Arsenal scarf, Pirates cap, and Terrible Towel.

Might be pushing it there.