09 January 2007

Evening Workouts Kinda Suck

Just finished a brief workout at our on-campus fitness center. Nothing impressive, just 40 minutes on the rowing machine. Normally, I don't bother with the rowing machine. I prefer the ellipticals or the stair-climbers, but every single cardio machine in the place was in use when I walked in this afternoon except the rowing machine.

The locker room gets a little cramped in the evenings, too. I always feel rushed to change and get out of the way.

Still, working out is better than skipping it, I suppose. I feel pretty good, but didn't want to hit the weights and stay really late.

Better start getting up with the alarm again. The early bird gets his choice of machines...

4 comments:

Barkernews said...

Nice!
Glad you're at the gym.
I go to the gym 5 days a week 11 months out of the year.
I skip it in January because of all the New Year's resolution people...

Ghost Dog said...

I usually shoot for 4 days a week. I was making progress with 3 so I feel it's acceptable if I settle for that, and 5 is a bonus. I'm most proud of not packing on any holiday weight at all.

Skipping in January sounds like a good idea...but I'm afraid it'd be too difficult to get back into it after a month off. Maybe next year when I'm in better shape.

brando said...

The Rowing maching?!

I met Paul from "Adventurepan", when I was on the rowing team at Iowa.

During the winter, all of our workouts were on those damn ergs. Now I can't even stand to look at 'em.

Ghost Dog said...

I don't like 'em because there's no built-in heart monitor. I like keeping an eye on my pulse. Maybe I'll get one of the watch-type monitors.