30 November 2006

Sick Again...Darn It All

One might think that being out sick on what was expected to be a sketchy commute day would be a good thing. I'm actually a little peeved. I wanted to hit the gym this morning. Instead, I got hit with this nasty head cold. I can't remember the last time I went from merely symptomatic to full-on head-crushing sinus yuck in such a short time.

I just hope I'm better in time for the Holiday Ale Festival. It starts today, but we were planning on going tomorrow. See this post from the Portland Beer Blog for a little more info.

Failing that, I need to be well enough to get to the mountain on Saturday for the kickoff session for First Responder Training for the ski patrol. I really don't want to miss that. May end up skipping the Holiday Ale Festival if it means getting more rest and being healthy for Saturday.

So, I'm eliminating all the soup in the house, bowl by bowl, and trying to get as much rest as I can. My current bowl of soup: Campbell's Chunky Savory Chicken with White & Wild Rice. Yum.

2 comments:

Jeff Alworth said...

I go to Asia, you start drinking beer again. Good man. And just in time for another beer fest.

Ghost Dog said...

Yeah, looks like I'm going to skip it, though. Still feeling under the weather. Might go Sunday.