24 October 2006

A Good Workout Is A Nice Start

I have to say, I'm liking this getting fit business. I'm fitting into pants I was getting too chunky for, I feel more energized at the start of my day, and the missus is noticing that I'm looking better. I like it.

'Course, actually starting work after my workout is bringin' me down, man. Things are just nuts around here, and it's getting annoying. Push, push, push, we want more features, but you don't get any more time to test them, blah, blah, blah, the schedule is getting pulled in, no you can't hire more people...

Deep breaths.

It's not that bad. I'm not getting shot at, I don't have to take calls from angry customers, and ski season is coming. I don't even have to shave if I don't wanna. And nobody pelts me with rocks or rotten fruit. Most days.

Deep breaths.

Hey, wanna know what songs really got me going today at the gym? No? Tough. Here are the top 5:

Pool Shark - The Toasters
S#!%T Outta Luck - Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Gimme Some Lovin' - Spencer Davis Group
I Wanna Riot - Rancid w/Stubborn All-Stars
One Step Beyond - Madness ("Hey, you! Don't watch that, watch this!")

Energy, man. Energy. Upbeat 2-Tone Ska is great for cardio - for me anyway - because there's usually someone saying "pickitup pickitup pickitup" just about the time I start thinking, 30 minutes is BS, I should have done 20...

And you just can't help but move when Gimme Some Lovin' starts off.

5 comments:

Paul said...

i hear ya.. i measure my fitness by how many holes remain on my belt. every time i come back from vacatation, im at least 1 hole fatter. :(

Ghost Dog said...

Heh, I've been keeping track of that, too. I went from 3 holes to 4, and I could probably tighten up another notch in another couple weeks if I keep making progress. I doubt I'll be losing enough to have to get new pants, but that would be cool. A guy with my build shouldn't be wearing 36s.

brando said...

A guy of your build shouldnt be wearing 40, 30s?

Keep up the good work. Stay moto.

Jeff Alworth said...

I just discovered a band that's totally getting a workout on the iPod--Flogging Molly. It's Pogues-esque Irish alt, from LA but with an Irish frontman (you can hear it when he says heart--"ha-ert"). I'm trying to spread the word.

Ghost Dog said...

I snagged a few Flogging Molly tunes recently, and I agree. Pretty good stuff.