07 September 2006

Sick And Sore...Later Happy, But Still Sore

Woke up this morning feeling like crap - stuffed up, headachey, awful. Called in sick, took some cold meds and crashed as the missus went off to work. The pup and I crashed till around noon, and I started feeling a bit better, then worse, then better again. Weird thing, whatever it was. I feel fine now...

...except for my right calf (again with that right side!), which is still sore from Tuesday's workout. I suppose it's due to the fact that it's still not as strong as the other one yet from last summer's ankle surgery. And the fact that I always seem to overdo it on the calf-raise machine whenever I re-start a workout program. You'd think I'd have learned by now.

My Steelers won the season opener tonight, which means I'll be insufferably happy tomorrow at work (heh, like I'm not now?). A nice 28-17 win, with some good defense, a little luck, and a fairly solid performance from backup QB Charlie Batch. I hope somebody talks to Ike Taylor about not resting on his new contract, though. When the 'fins finally started throwing at him, they completed a few more passes than I would have liked. Good to see Hines out there being Hines, with the good blocking, solid catches over the middle, and a nice TD to cap it off. Hamstring shmamstring. Porter and Polamalu were strong on defense, each with an INT, Porter's for a touchdown. And to top it all off, it was a comeback win as well, since they were down 17-14 at one point.

0 comments: