10 August 2006

iWon an iPod!

The division I work in had a big party today at the McMenamins Cornelius Pass Roadhouse, to celebrate some recent successes. One of the staples of these celebrations has become a song parody contest, where you can win stuff for totally nerdifying a popular song. The more the lyrics reflect whatever it is we're celebrating, the better...usually.

I'm no singer, but I gave it a whirl today with my parody based on "Come Together". I needed a pint to loosen up, but they weren't pouring Terminator yet, so I settled for a hef. My singing wasn't spectacular, but it was marginally in-tune and on rhythm, and the crowd enjoyed the lyrics. Got a lot of cheers after each verse, and a huge response when it came to the judge-by-applause lineup after all the contestants did their songs.

I won't post the lyrics here, in part because I used some code names, but mostly because the few readers I have who would 'get it' probably saw me perform it anyway. Suffice to say, it was clever enough to net me a 30GB iPod that does video and everything. And it's shiny and black and awesome.

7 comments:

brando said...

An ipod won is usually sweeter than an ipod bought.

Ghost Dog said...

It is pretty sweet. I've subscribed to the "Ask A Ninja" video podcast. The one about "thr33" is hilarious.

brando said...

Yeah, it's sort of the original elite.

Tanya Kristine said...

holy shit. no doubt brando...

lucky...

Ghost Dog said...

Lucky? Yeah, lucky I'm so awesome. I won it with my mad parody-songwriting skeelz. W00t! :)

Barkernews said...

Schweet.
You gonna wear your ipod on the mtn?
Better than a patrol radio!

Ghost Dog said...

Hehe...I thought about it. It would fit in my radio harness' pocket...