21 July 2006

Darn It All - I'd Pretty Much Given Up Ice Cream

Well, kinda. I mean, compared to say, ten years ago, I'm not eating all that much ice cream. Why, back in my late teens/early twenties, I could put away a pint of Ben & Jerry's without thinking about it. Being a native Vermonter, you gotta represent, yo, by eating the home state stuff.

I realized I shouldn't eat so much of the stuff, so I scaled it way back. I get fat-free fudgesicles and stuff, and an occasional Blizzard, but I hadn't really done the pint of Ben &Jerry's thing much at all over the last decade or so.

Well, now they go and come out with this:

How can I resist? Saw it at Safeway last night, and just had to get it. Haven't tried it yet, but I know I'm going to like it.

Just when you thought this post wasn't about beer...they also had this:

Okay, so it's not really beer, but...crap! They strike again! Curses! I'm going to have to actually start working out instead of just promising myself I'll get around to it.

4 comments:

PseudoIntellect said...

Dude, you're killing me! I never saw those before...hilarious...I was just out last night talking about Monty Python, so it's a little more ironic that you threw that up there and I saw it today...nice work!

Ghost Dog said...

They're both awesome, by the way.

Anonymous said...

All I have to say about Vermonty Python is... Oh MY GOD! Yummy!
We all know I don't like beer, but I do love ice cream. LOL
- the Punk's wife

Ghost Dog said...

Hey there Punk's wife - nice of you to drop in. How are you and the kids? The Punk hasn't answered my last e-mail, so I have no idea where you guys are, even. Thought of you guys recently, when we found some beer out here that we hadn't seen since those days at Campbell...


The Black & Tan has a subtle cream stout tone to it. It's not overpoweringly stout-y.

LOVE the Vermonty Python, and I'm not just saying that because I'm from Vermont or a MP fan. It's simply great stuff.

We also got something called the Dublin Mudslide. That stuff is awesome, too.