28 June 2006

Happy Effin' Birthday

It started out fine. A little cool on the bike this morning, but not bad. Then the right pedal started to wobble.

Uh oh.

I got to 162nd before it broke. Apparently, when I attempted to remove it to swap pedals with my Trek, I must have damaged the crank. I thought something was up when I had trouble getting it off, but it seemed to have seated properly when I put it back on. Guess not.


Shoulda drove to work today.

I knew nothing was going to top my last birthday (Vegas), but I wasn't expecting three-five to suck so early. Hopefully it will improve.

4 comments:

Tanya Kristine said...

aww. that's too bad. be proud of yourself for facing adversity with such vigor!

i was supposedto ride my bike in too but it got too late. i was late anyway so who cares>

Ghost Dog said...

If cursing is vigor, then I'm damn proud of myself.

More proud that I one-leg-pedaled my ass the 1.1 miles from my train stop to my house. Too bad I forgot to put the cyclocomputer on. Would have been cool to see what kind of output I got from one-half ghostdogpower.

brando said...

I'm jealous of your story. Well actually I'm not jealous of your pedal breaking. Do you have a place at work that you can shower? Keep up the great work. I don't even own a bike, but I'm always impressed when people bike to work. Good for the planet, good for the body, good for the soul.

Ghost Dog said...

Yeah, we have a fitness center in my building, with showers.