21 April 2006

Cry Me An iRiver


So, something's been bothering me about all these iriver ads you see on MAX trains, and the huge one on that storage building on the north side of I-84. If you've seen that one, you'll know what I'm talking about when I say this:

I don't think I want to buy an MP3 player that gives me a headache, or puts me in a state of despair, or whatever seems to be wrong with that chick that she's holding her hand over her forehead like that. No thanks.


Random tracks:

I crack myself up sometimes. A few minutes ago, over the loudspeakers here at work, a beeping sound like the one in the 'hatch' on Lost came on. I shouted, just loud enough for maybe the surrounding 8 or 10 cubes to hear, "Crap! Somebody type in the numbers and hit 'Execute'! Quick!"

Somebody nearby 'got it' and shouted back, "4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42, Execute!"


Why the hell, whenever I have to go to the bathroom after lunch, is it closed for cleaning? This happens almost all the time. It's not like I go at exactly the same time, either. Oh well, I'll just run down a floor and go. It's a chance to get in a quick stair 'workout'.

0 comments: