13 April 2006

Ankle X-Rays, Samurai Sam's, And OEC Week 3


Well, I had my final set of X-Rays on the ankle, and the good doctor has blessed me to begin unrestricted activity. "Be smart about it, though," he said. Oh, not to worry - I will.

Today's transportation challenge was basically driving from Gresham to Hillsboro to Providence Portland Med Center to Tualatin to Gresham (no, not in a continuous loop). Fortunately, I got to stop in somewhere to eat before OEC class. I happened to notice a place called Samurai Sam's Teriyaki Grill. Naturally, as a fan of all things samurai (and I love teriyaki), I just had to check it out. The steak bowl kicked ass. Looks like there's one in Hillsboro. Sweet.

Nothing really earth-shatteringly new was put to us this week in class, we just expanded on some things we'd been practicing the last couple weeks. We got more into doing the arm splints, and we were introduced to the Johnson Splint, which was apparently developed by a Mt. Hood ski patroller back in the day. Believe it or not, I found the splint to be pretty comfortable. But I hope I never have a reason to wear one outside of class.

0 comments: