09 December 2005

It's Frickin' Freezing, Mr. Bigglesworth...And I Like It

Twenty-Eight degrees. That was the temperature as I stood on the platform waiting for my MAX train this morning. I like the cold weather.

I walked around the outside of the building from the main lobby end to the conference center end after getting off the shuttle bus, instead of going straight in. It's 'F-Around Friday', I thought, I'm in no rush. So I enjoyed a little bit of the crisp December air as the Nerd Bird took off from the airport across the street, and a Robinson R-22 whirred overhead, turning from base to final.

A nice relatively clear sunrise, a refreshing chill in the air, and The Toasters' "Modern World America" in my earbuds made it a good morning.

3 comments:

Mister Jinxy said...

Word, my frosty brother.

rebecca marie said...

doooood. it is all the cold again today... isn't this supposed to be portland?

glad i like winter...

PseudoIntellect said...

I'll have you know that I busted out the world's ugliest AF sweater today because it was supposed to be frigid here.....you know....around 47. Damn if it isn't about 70 out there and I'm wearing this it-really-only-looks-good-on-a-hot-model-in-a-ski-lodge-in-the-add sweater for nothing!

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

Oh well....it's stylishly ugly...