07 November 2005

"These Go To Eleven"

Eleven years is what I'm talking about. In this case, that's how long Becky and I have been married, as of this past Saturday.

We spent the day just hanging out together and enjoying each other's company. We did some shopping, caught a movie (Jarhead - why we didn't pick something romantic is beyond the both of us, but we enjoyed the film), hung out around the house, and went to dinner.

Friday night, we met up with our friends Ryan & Kelly at Biddy's (AKA Biddy McGraw's), which is supposedly home to the "perfect pour" of Guinness. Ryan, having actually had many pints of Guinness in Ireland, begs to differ, but it's not a bad little place. The menu's not spectacular, but it is pretty good pub fare, and they have some interesting brews on tap. They had live music, but we skipped out of there before we got a chance to hear "Funk Shui". I kinda wish we'd stayed (the blurb on the web page about Funk Shui sounded interesting), as it wasn't that late yet, but I was glad to get the extra sleep.

Yesterday, I did a little yardwork and found out that my legs aren't used to so much activity. You wouldn't think that leaf-blowing and raking would take much out of you, but having been so inactive for so long due to the ankle surgery can certainly change one's tolerance for physical activity. Sore hamstrings are what I'm whining about today. I guess it's time to start working out again. The ankle feels pretty good - I keep expecting pain from it and not getting any, so that's encouraging.

11 comments:

Tanya Kristine said...

hey, sounds good to me!!! 11 years IS romantic...need you do more?

i thought of you today when i posted my blog...it's a tear jerker.

Ghost Dog said...

As if your post didn't already make me miss my old boy, along comes this.

Mister Jinxy said...

Congrats.

11 years is pretty good for a young whippersnapper.

Ghost Dog said...

Thanks, old-timer.

Jen O. said...

Sheesh. My husband and I have been together for 10 years (married for three), and I thought that was a long time. Congrats to you and Becky!!

Curious: Does Becky read your blog?

Ghost Dog said...

Thanks, Jen O.

She reads it, from time to time. She's never commented online, though.

Major Clanger said...

Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Ghost Dog from me too!

Given that you are a Steelers fan, did you know that the 11th Wedding Anniversary is in fact officially the "Steel" anniversary?

(The 10th being tin and the 12th being silk).

Ghost Dog said...

Son of a...

I should have known that. Bad me!

tabitha jane said...

wow . . . 11 yrs. congrats. my man and i just celebrated 3 years of being together. . .

Ghost Dog said...

Thanks, TJ, and congrats to you, too!

Rebecca (Mrs. Ghost Dog) said...

Being married to you is sooo Airwolf. :)