23 October 2005

Madden 06 For PSP = Cyrstal Ball?

Well, sort of. Having just purchased Madden 06 for the PSP, I decided my first order of business after getting through all the drills in Mini-Camp was to play the Steelers against the Bengals (this week's matchup). I had the game set in Rookie mode, because it had been a while since I'd played Madden 2004 on the PC, and I figured I would kinda ease my way into the game.

Final score: Steelers 84, Bengals 21.
Key stats: Roethlisberger - 11/17 for 395 and 8 TDs. Defense had 2 picks (one by Chris Hope) and one fumble recovery.
Lots of long passes over the middle to Heath Miller (he had the most catches on the team), and both he and Hines Ward caught most of the TD passes. I left Bettis in, instead of putting in Parker, and the Bus racked up 218 yards.

Okay, so Rookie mode is real easy. I'll switch.

But there's no denying the parallels. Ben had roughly the same completion percentage in my Madden 06 game as in the actual game (64%), and Hope did actually intercept a pass. Heath Miller caught 6 passes, also most on the team. Maybe I'll 'preview' next week's matchup against the Ravens (this time in Pro mode), to see how that goes. Might be fun (well, for me at least) to post the comparison each week.


Aside from the Steelers' win, I had a great weekend...er, well, except for the whole working-on-Saturday thing. But Saturday night more than made up for it. My friend Ryan's birthday party was just the thing I needed. Lots of great beer, good conversations, and excellent food. The only disappointment was that the Alameda Brewhouse had just run out of the Brickhouse Brown, so I couldn't bring Ryan a growler of that for his birthday. But, I did get him one of the Black Bear Stout, and a 22oz bottle of the Brown, so that worked out okay. We had a great time, and it was nice to see a bunch of the cool people we'd met at Ryan & Kelly's housewarming party a few weeks back. A fully Airwolf ending to a long day.


0 comments: