26 September 2005

Another Worthless League Apology Forthcoming?

Let me make this one point first: The Steelers lost yesterday because they couldn't stop the Patriots when they needed to most, and the offense didn't show up but for a couple plays. Oh, and then there was the piss-poor return coverage...

That said, get a load of this. Our own clock crew messed up. Probably will prompt another one of those league apologies we Steelers fans are used to reading about. Like in 2000 when we actually got THREE of them before the end of November. Now that I think about it, maybe the league won't apologize. I hear the clock operators are hired locally...

Eh, no sense whining about it. They're still a pretty good team, and are heading into the bye week at 2-1. They'll bounce back, and probably with a vengeance.




I would tip my cap to the Patriots and their head coach for playing and coaching a tough game. But then, I read this article.

Screw you, Bill Belichick. I used to think you were alright. Classless prick.

4 comments:

Robert Paulson said...

But how 'bout them Pirates? Yar!

Ghost Dog said...

I dunno. Until they start playing better, their season ends in August, as far as I'm concerned.

How are things?

number4of5 said...

Don't throw Bill under the bus just because you lost. The guy knows what he us doing, even if it does sound strange.

Ghost Dog said...

I'm not throwing Belichick under a bus because we lost, I'm ripping him for being an ass. Shooing away a helping hand, with an expletive, is totally uncalled for and classless.