25 August 2005

Today, I Walk

Well, folks - today's the day. If everything goes as expected this afternoon, I will be a walkin' man sometime shortly after 3:40PM PDT. I might not be a fast walkin' man, but I won't be on crutches anymore.

The ankle feels good, and I've been testing it for a few steps here and there, around my desk and at the house. It's certainly more comfortable walking in my running shoes than barefoot or in socks. It is a funny feeling putting weight on it, though, because the foot's been pretty much just hanging in space for 6 weeks. Lots of snap, crackle, pop going on when I put weight on it.

Next journey - Physical Therapy. Dunno the details yet, but I'm sure they're going to bring me along slow. Hopefully, this will be less painful than the shoulder rehab.

3 comments:

tabitha jane said...

whoo-hoo!! good luck! have fun!

Jen O. said...

Hey, break a leg! Oh wait...

Ghost Dog said...

Thanks, you two.

Jen O, I'll post my response to your tag tomorrow. I'm honored to be #2 on your list!