18 August 2005

Just Some Random Stuff That's Popped Into My Melon

I don't ramble much, I don't think, so I guess I will. Call it a case of Blogarrhea if you like. Whatever. Anyway...

Few things are better than a good pepper steak, corn-on-the-cob, and a good beer. My dinner this evening.

I know Killian's Red isn't really a red ale, but I drink it anyway. Probably not even really Irish, either. SFW. Eh, next bottle's a Wolaver's Certified Organic Brown Ale anyway, so who cares?

Holy smokes, that post a while back about Kim Jong-Il and his golfing prowess has been a huge draw to this nearly-useless collection of bits I call my blog. I'd say about 25% of the visitors I've seen via SiteMeter since posting that found this place from searching Yahoo! for "Kim Jong-Il Golf", or some variant thereof.
I wonder what other world leaders have an unbelievable degree of skill at some popular sport. Maybe Che Guevara is one hell of a-
Oh wait, he's DEAD. Well, it would be damn hard to fathom if he was a master of Shuffleboard, then, wouldn't it. I hear Castro is one mean sumbitch at bocce-ball.

I had to re-wrap and re-tape the handles of my crutches today. I hated to have to do that when I only have a week left on them, but it needed doing.

I think I strapped the ice pack on my ankle a little too tight. I think I'll loosen it now.

Got some Mystery Science Theater 3000 in the mail from our pals at NetFlix. Hellcats and Red Zone Cuba. Somehow, I don't think that second one has a damn thing to do with inside the 20-yard-line. I think I like the older episodes with Joel best. I wish I could get the Fugitive Alien II episode on DVD. Haven't seen it in a while, and the VHS I have it on is a recording from Comedy Central that's from 1992 or so. Yeah, it looks crappy. Still, it's one of my favorites.

Captain Joe: "Oh that's just Ken. He's a loner."
Crow: "Really? How long until your Ken is fixed?"

I think I want a Gizmonics jumpsuit to wear for Halloween this year...but I don't think anyone would understand what the deal was.
Shit. Now I have the theme song in my head. Oh well, good a time as any to get going on watching the show.

"...We'll send him cheesy movies,

the worst we can find..."



8 comments:

tabitha jane said...

i loved mst3000! i used to watch it with my sisters when i lived at home . . .

amera hearts said...

Your random thoughts are so random that I have no idea what you're talking about! If you like MST3K, you should check out the Tommy link on my page. He loves them as well and he likes ska too. oh yeah and you def. have more than 5 readers!

The DWG said...

Your random thoughts are so random that I decided to start drinking and watching MST3K for the rest of the day. Damn, that freakin' tune is in MY head now.

Ghost Dog said...

Amera & The DWG: Thanks for dropping by Gone Ronin.

TJ: you can re-live the fun thanks to NetFlix. I might have to campaign them to add the one with Fugitive Alien II, though. I don't know how much longer that VHS tape will survive. If there was ever a case for getting a TV capture card for my PC...

punkindunkin said...

Joel was a thousand times better than the other guy (was his name mike?)
My fav mst3k is POD PEOPLE with Trumpy. Makes me giggle every time.

Ghost Dog said...

PD: Yep, it was Mike Nelson, and I agree he wasn't nearly as good as Joel. I think the 'bots played off Joel better, too.

I don't remember Pod People. Gonna have to find that one somehow.

Jen O. said...

Kim Jong is your blog draw, eh? That's funny. You'd think that there would be a billion (non-Korean) links for Kim Jong.

Since using SiteMeter, I've found the two biggest traffic sources for my site are Google image searches for "Ghetto Prom" and "Carrie Bradshaw."

Not something I'm proud of...

Ghost Dog said...

Well, Kim Jong-Il's golf and Las Vegas strippers - direct to you! Thanks to a comment I put on my Vegas post.