03 August 2005

First Comment Spam, Now This...


Marketing mumbo-jumbo in the browser identification. WTF...? Reeks of spyware, but to what end? There's some twisted, evil-genius marketing sorcery at work here. It's like putting an advertisement on the oil filter of your car. Or on the inside of your pillowcase, or on the bottom of your mouse.

The audience for that kind of stuff seems pretty small. I mean, what kind of doofus looks at that browser info stuff--

I...er...wait a second. Strike that last bit. Heh.


I wonder if the folks at the Naval Ocean Systems Center know about this. They'd better get some anti-spyware stuff for their computers.

2 comments:

Jen O. said...

As someone who works in advertising, Ghost Dog, I gotta tell ya: No medium is sacred. In fact, don't be surprised if advertisements show up on your produce some time soon.

PS: When I'm not rootin' for the Iggles, The Steel is where it's at. They had an astouding season last year, and this year? Looks even better. I'm looking forward to their pre-season match-up, as sad I as I am to see summer end...

Ghost Dog said...

I was really hoping we'd get to play the Iggles in the SB last year. Damn Patriots. I really hate them. Too bad 'Regular Season Ben' didn't show up.