29 August 2005

'Airwolf' Theme Stuck In My Head

You know how sometimes you get a song stuck in your head that you don't like? Well, this isn't one of those times. I don't mind having the 'Airwolf' theme stuck in my head, but it would be better that I was flying a helicopter instead of a desk. Heck, it isn't just the theme, it's some of the mid-show music as well.

Yeah, I got discs 2-4 from NetFlix this Saturday.

I remember struggling to keep from humming it out loud the first time I ever took complete control of a helicopter. My instructor pilot asked me after the flight what I was grimacing about. He laughed about it when I told him, and naturally he told the other IPs. They didn't carry the joke of calling me "Hawke" or "Stringfellow" on for very long, though, thankfully. I was pretty surprised it didn't make it out to the rest of my AO class. Must not have been as humorous as the kid in my class who blew chunks during his first 'full-controls' flight because he couldn't stabilize at a hover. Pendulum city.

4 comments:

Mister Jinxy said...

Such a nerd.

Ghost Dog said...

Yup. Confirmed by the fact that I knew the actress who played Gabrielle in the pilot episode was also Dr. Faxx from Robocop 2.

Mister Jinxy said...

Written by comic book genius, Frank Miller.

Two dorks!

Ghost Dog said...

Really? Whoa. Cool.