07 July 2005

They say "If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention"

Well, I'm both now. I hadn't checked on the news this morning, so I was totally unaware that our British friends had been attacked, apparently by Al-Qaida. The London public transportation system was apparently the target, and while not on the scale in terms of casualties and collateral damage of 9-11, it's no less infuriating.

I'd bitch about the lack of any stepped-up security around our own Tri-Met system here in Portland, but it wouldn't do much good. Probably unfounded (why attack Portland?), but it's usually when you don't think it will happen to you that it does. For my part, I'll be paying a lot more attention to my fellow MAX commuters and will definitely be more alert for anything suspicious.

0 comments: