27 July 2005

Speaking of "Pop" Culture...

I visited Pop vs. Soda for the first time in a long time today, thanks to a link on Bad Diary Days. I was interested in what my original home state's responses were (Vermont, 94.09% "Soda"), compared to out here in Oregon where it seems everyone says "pop". Turns out 64.63% of them us do (yeah, I converted, to fit in - I used to say "soda" or whatever the brand name was).

What was funny was one of the write-ins for "Other" on the Oregon stats page:

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT WERE YELLING ABOUT!!!!!! LOUD NOISES!!!!!!"

Cracked me up. I was even saying it in my head, just like Steve Carell's character did in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy.


Which also reminded me of something I borrowed from the movie, in response to Phoebe's growl-talking the other day - Ron's response to Baxter's barking:

"What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing!"


Result: Adorable confused-puppy head-tilt.

1 comments:

tabitha jane said...

um, champ, i think i ate your chocolate squirrel . . .