10 July 2005

Liberator

If you ever find yourself in Troutdale/Gresham/Fairview/Wood Village and are looking for an out-of-the-way pub & brewery, might I suggest Liberator Brewing, just off the Columbia River Highway in Troutdale. Went there with the wife and her sister this evening.

I have to say their Scottish Ale is pretty damn good. The burger I had was huge, and tasty, and I also sampled their Amber Ale as well as their Oatmeal Stout. I like Ambers, and this was a good one, but a tiny bit more bitter than I like 'em. The ceilings in the main part of the pub are a little high, which takes away from the pub ambience, but not feeling crammed into the place was kind of nice.

Upstairs, they have a game room with darts, foosball (I ruled tonight!), and shuffleboard. There's also a TV and couches if you just want to kick back and watch ESPNews. It's kind of like an attic up there, with angled walls and a lower ceiling.

Also, downstairs they have a shop where you can buy supplies for home-brewing, which piqued the interests of myself and my sis-in-law. We talked a little about getting together to brew some of our own stuff. We'll see.

4 comments:

Mister Jinxy said...

Home brewing is stupid.

Takes away too much time from drinking.

Ghost Dog said...

Not if you're a competent multi-tasker. Nothing saying you can't drink beer you buy while you're brewing your own stuff for later.

Unless you drink too much...

kimmie said...

okay.. still going... but, the liberator is also a brand of "bedroom adventure gear."

http://liberator.com/

enjoy.

Ghost Dog said...

Heh! That's funny.

Hmm...I smell another post brewing...I wonder how many other companies have evil (or not so evil) doppelgangers...