03 June 2005

Wagons East!

So, I finally got around to putting the pics from last weekend up on ImageShack. We went out to my in-laws' 'ranch' (they have 5 horses, but don't grow anything or raise cattle or anything like that) just outside of Elgin, OR. It was a gorgeous weekend, weather-wise, which naturally leads yours truly to start snapping photos. Especially when there are cool-looking clouds and vast landscapes...and our pup.

First up - the view from the in-laws' side porch.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Phoebe and I, on Thompson road.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A panorama from what I would call 'Dead man's curve', since it's a 90-degree turn with a huge dropoff if you didn't turn. No signs or guardrails, either.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Phoebe and Becky in the Jeep, on one of the logging roads. That's about as much of Becky as she'll let me show you.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

View from another logging road.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Some old mill.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Grande Ronde river. I think.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Another shot of the river.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We had a great time out there, just being away from the hustle and bustle. Both of my sisters-in-law came out as well, with their dogs, so it was a nearly non-stop dog party. Phoebe was so worn out each night from chasing her pals all over the place. I don't think I've seen her run so much in her life. She slept the entire way home.

6 comments:

tabitha jane said...

isn't oregon beautiful? i never want to move! i am spoiled rotten here!

Ghost Dog said...

It is indeed. I have more Oregon pics here.

Mister Jinxy said...

Next road trip: San Francisco to Portland.

I so wanna go.

Ghost Dog said...

There you go, Jinxy-san. I've only driven parts of US 101, but it's awesome. Hope it's during summer.

Hmm...I'd better not hear of it on your blog first, if you get my drift.

Mister Jinxy said...

No problem. We drove from San Fran to L.A. along the coast last October in a rented convertible and it was the best vacation I've ever had.

Gotta see Portland, though.

Ghost Dog said...

Cool. Gimme some notice and I can try to take some time off. You can meet the missus and (perhaps more importantly?) the Land Shark.