09 June 2005

The Cubicle Gods Are Frowning Upon Me This Day

For somewhere close to a year now, I have enjoyed the luxury of having a cubicle here at work that is roughly 1.5x the size of everyone else's. I lucked into it, really - the cubicle used to be what we called a "bullpen", meaning that it was more like a mini-lab than an office. It got converted and not reduced in size, so the end result was a cubicle big enough for 2 "offices" plus a small round table, 2 chairs, and the test machines of both my cubemate and myself. Pretty cool when you are in a position where a lot of people come to you for answers and to discuss things. Everyone who visited was at least marginally impressed and/or jealous.

But, it isn't going to last. The Cubicle Gods are, on this day, going to smite my shared palace, robbing it of its grandeur and me of the wall space I have been using to display my Terrible Towel and "Reserved Parking: Steelers Fans Only" sign.

The reason for this? So sayth the Facilities Prophet from on high: "Yea, though the animals and plants of the valley may be bountiful, and the men and women designeth not any circuit boards, a plotter (big F'n printer-type thing) shall grace the landscape, for the valley must not be without one."

1 comments:

SOLOFLYER said...

At least you have walls, you could be like Les Nessman from the old WKRP TV show